It was hard to do, but with the recent changes to Facebook, it only takes four steps to change the name on Facebook and URL. Now it’s easy to rename your fan page. But – Facebook must approve your name change. Facebook has its own naming policies that are not very strict. You can use your nickname as well as your professional name, and you can change your name if you want to change your name for any reason. There are many good reasons to change the name on Facebook. You may be nicknamed a new spouse and want your profile to reflect your new name. Or you may have promoted your childhood title.
Sometimes, for the first time, there is no attention. Sometimes, you find a better name for your Facebook page that lasts for a few weeks. Don’t worry, you can rename your Facebook page at any time. I will help you to change the name on Facebook. Facebook has, of course, set the standard for social networking. It is one of the most important websites on earth with millions of active users. It offers different features for all types of users. Facebook does not allow users to change their Facebook profile name without a valid reason.
Facebook also takes this personalization from its user identity and personal details very seriously these days and wants all its users to be authentic and make sure that all active accounts are authentic representations of a real person, organization, brand, etc. Before creating a profile on Facebook, you should keep in mind that it is very difficult to change your Facebook name after creating your Facebook account. Well, this article is about “How to Change Your Name on Facebook”.
There are some rules that Facebook allows you:
- Use your real name, you can also use your nickname.
- You cannot use a fake name. Facebook does not allow fake names.
- It not allowed to use symbols, numbers, special characters, punctuation marks, inappropriate words, phrases, and titles of any kind.
- We can only use characters from one language.
- You can’t add titles like bite or doctor.
- You cannot use provocative or suggestive words.
If you follow all the rules, Facebook’s name change policy is straightforward. However, you cannot change the name often and not even after the change. As long as your name follows these rules, you should have no problem changing it. Make sure you are happy with the name you choose to use. You will not be able to change it for at least 60 days.
To Change Name on Facebook:
- Go to the Facebook homepage and log in to your Facebook account with your username and password.
- Simply click on the down arrow at the top right of the page.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click “Settings and Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- You will be taken to General Account Settings, click on General Options on the left.
- Now you should be on the General Account Settings page. Next to your name, click the word “edit”.
- Now you can see your configuration window like name, username. Here you can change the name of your Facebook.
- Click the blue edit icon in the top right corner of your name. This will open the main name settings. Here you can change your first name, middle name, and last name. Edit the name you want to change. There is also an option for another name, only if you want to add another form of your name.
- In the fields at the top of the page, type the new name you want to use.
- Options windows will be unlocked and you will be asked to enter your first name, (optional) middle name, last name, and “second name”. Other profiles appear in your profile, inside () just beside your profile’s Name.
- Then, if you want to change your Facebook username, you can click on the username under the Name column. Change or enter your username.
- If you’re satisfied with your name, preview, enter your password, and click Save Changes.
- Once you’re totally happy, click to Save Changes to save your new name and apply it.
How Can I Change My Facebook Name on My Phone?
Confidently, you’ve downloaded the Facebook app on your phone. If not, go to the App Store on iPhone and the Google Play Store on Android, find the Facebook app, and download it. The steps to change the name on the Facebook profile are easy and the Android novice can change it with the appropriate guidance. Let’s see how to change the name on Facebook from your Android smartphone. First, open the Facebook Android app and log in with valid credentials.
- Click on the three lines on the bottom right of the iPhone and on the right on android.
- Now, scroll down to ‘Account Settings’ (Help and Settings) and tap to open it.
- From the Settings page, tap General.
- From here, tap Personal Information> Name.
- You will then get a screen where you can edit your Facebook name.
- You’ve now reached the point where you can add your name, username, or username.
- After editing the name, click Review Changes. If you’re pleased with what you see in the preview, enter your password and save the changes.
- Finally, tap the Review Change button to submit your new Facebook name to the Facebook Authority.
Why I Can Not Change My Name On Facebook?
You can change your name on Facebook in just 60 days. If you change your name too often, the waiting time can be up to 120 days. You may have recently changed your name, and if so, you will have to wait 60 days before changing your name. You do not have a Page role that allows you to rename your page. Learn how to view your page character and how to change the name on Facebook.
You or another admin has recently renamed your page. As mentioned above, you cannot rename your page through the mobile app. Here you know, How to change the name on Facebook, or you can use a computer instead. If you want to rename your Facebook page, you do not have a page character that allows you to rename your page. Learn how to view your page character. You or another admin has recently renamed your page. Facebook has 2.38 billion active monthly users. Facebook is a community where people use the name they are called in everyday life. You may have changed your name in less than 60 days. Failure to follow Facebook’s name policy you have previously been asked to change your name on Facebook frequently and repeatedly state your Facebook name policies.
You may have difficulty renaming the profile if:
- You have already been asked to confirm your name on Facebook.
- Your name does not match the name that appears on an item from the Facebook ID list.
- Your name does not comply with Facebook’s name policy.
- You changed your name in the last 60 days, or you tried to change it again.
If you still have this problem when you change your name, you need to fill out the name change form provided by Facebook and request a name change and confirm the name.
Change Name on Facebook within 60 Days Limitation:
In addition to the traditional “rename to Facebook” procedure, there are some ways to change the name on Facebook before 60 days. This method only applies if you have renamed your Facebook more than once. So, with that in mind, Facebook has set a lot of reasonable limits on how a user can choose their account name. Therefore, you are only allowed to change your name on Facebook once every 60 days. I know, it’s useless.
But in a way, it’s good that they enforced these settings because a lot of users could try to impose themselves as a different person and put them in a different harassment situation online. You can change your name on Facebook in just 60 days. If you change your name too often, the waiting time can be up to 120 days. You may have recently changed your name, and if so, you will have to wait 60 days before changing your name.
If you encounter any problems while following these methods that we have mentioned in our article, please do not hesitate to notify us. You can surely contact us to know in the comments section. I am pretty sure we will do our best to answer your questions. Friends, this was a complete guide on how to change the name (ID, page, or group) on Facebook. Hopefully, this guide will help you find ways to change the name on Facebook. Finally, we hope this guide helps you rename your Facebook pages and profiles. Please share it with your friends. We would also like to hear your opinion in the comments section below.